In this entry, I will feature the Model Co. duo lip essential in Dusk. I got this lip duo as a magazine freebie, and am very amazed at the quality of the product itself. I’ve never been a fan of lip gloss as I felt that the texture of most lip gloss in the market is too sticky for my liking. Furthermore, with the advancement of technology in the beauty industry, a lot of companies had come out with lipsticks that have the same glossy effect. Nevertheless, this lip duo had rather revolutionize the way I think of a lip gloss. For people out there who hated lip gloss just like me, you might want to try out model co.
You can use the duo together if you like or you can pair the lip gloss with another lipstick of your choice. One of my favourite ways to wear the lip gloss is to have Ever Hip by MAC and then top it off with the Model Co. Lip gloss in Dusk. This way, the lip gloss mutes out some of the brightness in Ever Hip, making it a very wearable colour for school.
Why am I loving this?
- Gives quite decent colour payoff
- Lasts a good 2 – 3 hours of wear on me.
- It feels so smooth and creamy on my lips. It glides on my lips, covers my lips in a comfortable film like texture.
- Does not dry up my lips.
- My lips feel rather moisturise when I apply them.
- Dusk is a “your lips but better” colour and would complement most skin tones.
- Very work and school appropriate colour.
- Very travel friendly, a lip gloss and a lip stick all in one.
Photos and Swatches:
All Products Used:
- Smashbox Photo Finish Colour Correcting Foundation Primer
- Smashbox Tinted Moisturizer in Light
- Chanel MAT LUMIÈRE EXTRÊME in 2o Beige Rose
- Benefit Coralista Blush
- Benefit Erase Paste (Under eye concealer) in no. 2
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NC 25
- Urban Decay Naked Palette (Colours used: Virgin, Sin, Sidecar and Naked)
- Stila Kitten Glitter Liner
- Kiss Me, Heroine Make Volume and Curl Mascara in Black
- Kiss Me, Heroine Make Liquid Eye Liner in Black
- Model Co. Dup Lip Essential in Dusk
PS. I looked up the Model Co.’s website and realised that they do not carry the lip duo individually. However, they do come as a set of three colours. Given the quality of the duo lip essential that I got, I would definitely like to try out more colours from them.